Thursday, April 29, 2010

Let's Shop Healthy


OMG!!! Today I was looking at my water bottle and found out that it comes all the way Connecticut. It takes 2476 miles for bottled water to come to us. I’m surprised, who knew it would take so many miles. Now I am really concerned about a food shortage. To purchase something like an orange would take so long to attain especially because I can’t drive my truck no more, the increase prices will make it harder to purchase a lot, and there might not be any in local stores. What am I to do?






Source: static.panoramio

I learned about locavores which is someone who only consumes local products and frankenfood which is food that is chemically generated. I also learned that organic food is safer to eat than non organic food because consuming too much non organic food can lead to the body growing immune to medicine. This means if you were to get sick some medicine might not have any effect on you because of the huge amount of chemicals you consumed which can result in you dying. A couple of local stores that offers local products in my area are Family Farms, and Fresh & Easy. The closest farmer’s market to me is Sprouts Farmers Market. It is located on 5660 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90230-6122 which takes 7.9 miles from my home. Shopping is going to take a long time but our bodies need food. Sprouts Farmers Market contain the best organic foods. Good thing I am considering shopping here. J There fruits and vegetables are always sweet, soft, nice, delicious, and fresh. Is it going to be worth paying a little more or traveling a little more than the usual? Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious? A water travels that amount of miles to get here? I had no idea! I know, I learned about locavores too and I even learned that there are farmer's markets here in LA. I was surprised when I found out there was an organic grocery store close to my house. I wonder...how much will the local food begin costing. And have you thought about how school is going to feed us if the food is hard to obtain?

    You did a good job staying in character and stating what you learned. There are many consequences on an oil shortage and you named many of them. GOOD JOB. just be careful with your grammar. =]

    ReplyDelete