Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I HAVE TO GIVE THIS UP!!!

Now that we are short on oil, the government will not be making a lot of money by gas taxes, or U.S. airline flights because they are being cancelled. Loads of people now even have to walk to their destination because of the lack of oil and high gas prices. I am amongst those people; a student, and I have to walk everywhere including school, the market, the laundry, my job and even when I go out with friends. People are not even traveling anymore because it’s either too expensive or it will take them too long to get to their destination walking.

Source: flightglobal


Source: ucdmc.ucdavis.edu

So far I gave up driving my truck and it feels bad because it takes me more time to get to my destinations. I also gave up a couple of more things like buying a lot of shoes and clothes. Now I am using less detergent on my clothes and am even cutting back on the amount of toothpaste I use daily. I know gross right. =/ The alternatives I have now are to walk everywhere I want to go unless I hitch a ride from someone who is going to the same place or around there and cut back on my daily uses so they can last more. I feel bad about the actions I have to take but you got to do what you got to do. :(



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I can really identify with you in this blog. Just how you had to give up so many things that require oil, so have I. Now I walk to school and back home so that I don't waste oil. You should see, I think I'm even gaining some leg muscle...=]

    I like the way you mention all the losses you are going through. However, you never metnioned anything about school. Mention school and stay in character!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete