Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it really over???

Source: eesiflo

Wow, who would have thought we’d get out of this. I thought I was a dead student. I’m glad things are stabilizing but I feel we must be prepared in case we run into this problem again. We should stop taking oil for granted and be willing to make changes in our lives. From all of this harsh experience I learn some personal changes that need to be made in order to prevent another oil crisis is to start carpooling with a friend, walk instead of drive, unplug electronics when you are not using them or start using manual tools for the garden. The community needs to start shopping at local stores, and begin or continue recycling oil or reusing it. The government needs to stop depending on oil so much because we barely made it from this recent oil crisis.

I have already started making changes in my life to decrease my carbon footprint. Now I continue to recycle, use the plastic bags from the markets as trash bags, and I even unplug the electronics in my room every time I leave my house. Anyone can start doing these things or continue too and be saving oil, it’s so simple to do these things and it won’t take much time away from you. So why not contribute knowing that it won’t take much of your time away and you would be helping and making our oil last more. I will resist slipping back into old habits for the fact that I already know what it feels like to be in a world without oil and don’t want to undergo this again. L




Source: sites.epals

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. We can reduce our carbon footprint by recycling and reusing oil. And don't forget, discard oil in the right places not in the sewers! Well, I can take some different actions to prevent oil overuse. I can start walking, eating local foods, and recycling and reusing oil.

    You did a good job in stating actions people should take to reduce their carbon footprint; however, you did not mention yourself as a student anywhere in your blog. Remember, you are supposed to stay in character. ^_^

    ReplyDelete